Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rolling tables in style

Rolling tables in style


Anyone who has read my blogs before knows I am an OCD, overfiler, organizer, and prepping individual.  With that being said, every evening after dinner, I pick out my outfit for the following day.  I always consider who I will be meeting with, in front of, the weather, and most importantly the current trends. Hello?!? What's in style y'all!  After all, I do work in the industry where you must show that you are boldly fashionable and can pull anything off.
  • Monday: Free People black skirt and hot pink blouse. 
  • Tuesday: Trina Turk Cheetah leggins, black tunic, and Toms wedges.  
  • Wednesday, Thursday, etc. Friday: Yellow Pencil skirt... 
WAIT, vendor load-in day. High heels? No, bad idea. Ella Moss dress? Nope. What if I am rolling tables?  Ugh... How do you look fashionable while working or setting up an event?  Good news! There are two ways to pull this off.  One: the easy way.  Bring a change of clothes!  Wear your t-shirt/work shirt and jeans during the set up and when it is time to manage change into your perfect event outfit.  Easy, right?!  However, what if your guests want to load in early or you will just not have time to change?  How can you look professional in the eyes of your client and physically work as well?

My go-to article of clothing is... nice black stretch pants (yes, ladies.  I know you love them)  I have found that a nice pair of black stretch pants (mine are Victoria's Secret sport) look classy enough to throw on a nice top and look professional enough with tennis shoes for your guests.  Its almost says,"I'm here to manage but I can also produce physical labor as well."  Sometimes I slip on some 1 inch wedges with a collared shirt or vintage top accessorized with jewelry and now you are comfortable enough to move around and look the look.  Another item for days like this are leggins. Again, a pair that do not have holes or the potential to acquire one from wear.

Both of these articles, stretch pants and leggins, can be dressed up or dressed down easily.  Without changing.  Basic shirts; ( I prefer Karlie shirts) a solid color shirt that can simply be accessorized are wonderful.  Not anything too expensive because there is always a chance it can be damaged. There are always those events that you must be professionally dresses no matter what!  This requires the change into outfit method or have set up and break down staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment